Ok. So I always SWORE I would not be a sappy mom. I never could get why they cried at graduations or were proud of the random crap that they are. It always miffed me. Here I am, once again stating that I am not at all the parent I thought I would be!! Landon is now almost 3 months old!! I can hardly believe it! He is so skinny and long and has just now outgrown his newborn stuff. Boy did we get our moneys worth outta that! :) I was putting all his tiny diapers, onesies and scratch mittens in this trunk and found myself bawling! I couldn't believe it! And with each one I pulled out memories just flooded through my mind. Bringing him home, fist church outings, doctors appointments, cuddling with dad, meeting family and friends for the first time (I'm crying AGAIN as I'm writing this! Ridiculous!) and it is just going by so fast. I just love this little man SOOOO much more than I ever thought possible and enjoy being a mom more than I could've dreamed. He is so sweet and special and I'm so proud of him for growing up and getting big, but at the same time it almost breaks my heart. I just adore him. Anyway. About an hour ago I decided I needed to make some food and do the dishes so I turned on some Coldplay (one of Landon's favs) and let him hang on his mat for a bit. A few songs played and I came over to look at him b/c he was so quiet and content and this song came on. I couldn't tell u what it's called, but I know it's by Coldplay. It was one of the songs that played over and over on the ipod speakers in the hospital room to help us all sleep. I just sat there and watched him and again started crying. All these memories of first feedings and no sleep and PAIN from recovery and indescribable joy from seeing this tiny creature God blessed us with came back to me so vividly. I just sat and stared at him and cried! So I decided to shoot a video for a min so I wouldn't forget these moments. He's not doing anything special, just being the sweet little boy he is...but it was a priceless moment for me. Can u believe this?! Ridiculous! Haha. I've turned into a breastfeeding, cloth diapering SAP. Never would've believed u if you would've told me even just 4 months ago...
I completely understand! I was a sappy girl before I became a mom, but being a mom has made it 100 times worse. A mother's love is something you can not explain, it just is!! So glad you are loving mommyhood!! It is the greatest.
ReplyDelete