Ok. So I changed our name and URL because of creepies and when you set it to private, no one gets updates or knows when to read it! Annoying. So I hope this keeps creepers out and allows everyone I love to still look :)
SO the name change is very special to me. When we first had Landon, I used to rock him while nursing him and just cry and cry. I was hormonal, I had just given birth...but hormones or not I knew that something HUGE had just happened. God blessed us with a perfect, healthy little LIFE! Someone who was hugely and solely dependent on us!! I used to rock, nurse and cry while praying "please let him be a man who fiercely and passionately loves...or something to that affect. I would just bawl crying for his future wife, his future ministry, and for God to PLEASE give us the ability and wisdom to know how to raise him in a loving home that teaches him to LOVE Jesus with all his heart. These are still things that I pray over him every day and night, especially while he's eating (LOVE breastfeeding and that special time with him!) and things that are still incredibly important to us. We love Landon SO much it's just hard to comprehend sometimes and I still tear up a bit thinking about him and his precious little life. I want so badly for him to be able to be a bright little light in this dark scary world.Also, Matt and I both have jobs where we work with children and this is our sole responsibility and purpose in having contact with them...to help raise them in Christ. We LOVE children (me more babies and k-3ish and Matt LOVES the tweens and teens) and we love having an impact (whether great or small) in their lives. We have no idea how many children we want, but have talked about fostering, adopting, and having more of our own. When we bring these children into our lives and/or our home we have one purpose...to raise them in Christ.
So anyway...that's what spurred the change :)
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Sept 14-20)
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment