This one is kinda silly. But definitely truth.
Today I am thankful for the David Crowder band. I found out about them when I was 18. My friend's sister had gone to college in Waco and was obsessed with them. I listened to a few of the songs and had to go get the CD for myself. I've been hooked since then.
When I was 20 or so they came out with their "Collision" album. I went through an ugly breakup and a time where I was just trying to find myself. I had no idea who I was or what I wanted and I needed direction. I was a "Christian" and had been practically my whole life. But He was not Lord of my life. He did not direct my steps and I never let him have control of anything. Somehow this time in my life and this album just coincided perfectly! It was literally life-altering for me. They showed me through their music who Christ really is and how to really and truly live a life inside His will and purpose.
Then when Matt and I got married and needed the perfect song to leave with after being pronounced Husband and Wife, it was Crowder that we left and smiled and kissed to.
Then there was the time we met him. Another incredible experience. After their awesome concert Steph and El somehow got us backstage (I dunno how they always have hook ups with David Crowder?!). We met him and talked and took pictures and that was great and whatever. But he took time to stop everything and pray with us. We prayed for El and his surgeries and health issues and we really got to see part of his heart. He really is a man of God and means what he sings. That was awesome!
Now as we are approaching Delaney's birth we decided to make a playlist. One that is calm, but happy and encouraging and will hopefully help us labor through those long hours. Of course His song "How He Loves Us" was the first and most important to me to make it on the list. Partially because it is so beautiful and speaks so deeply to my soul, and partially because it reminds me of Abby and will make me smile through the pain :)
We went to their farewell concert in Phx a few weeks back. I cried. I know. How dumb right? They are a band and it's just music! But for me, it was heart-shaping music. Music that has over and over again brought me closer to Jesus and given me a better understanding of Him. So today, David Crowder is what I am thankful for!
No comments:
Post a Comment