Monday, April 5, 2010

Landon's first Easter

Yesterday was Landon's first Easter! He's almost four weeks old and he did such a great job!! We ditched the sunrise service b/c it was all outside and still a bit too cold for us..but Dad went and he had a great time eating fish at 6 AM (I will never understand this tradition that our church has). He slept all night except waking up for one feeding and then let me sleep until almost 9! I was so thankful to feel rested for our big day! So once Matt got home we had some family cuddle time in bed (which is of the utmost importance in our house) and then got up for breakfast. We ate breakfast and Matt gave us our Easter baskets! I was so excited!! We've always made them for one another and every year they just get cuter and mean more than the last!! He made one for Landon that contained a Diamondback onesie, Passies in an egg, and a cute teether!


Then I opened mine and it had all sorts of fun things! A really cute shirt he picked out for me, Karen Kingsbury's newest book (who knows when I'll read it, but I LOVE this series and am so excited about it!, 20$ of "guilt free" money to spend on anything I wish (big deal for me...may sound dumb to you), lots of fun candy to help me lose my baby weight (hehe). It is so sweet of him!! :)
Then we got ready and went to church. It was a wonderful service and we got to see lots of friends! After church we went to the Shire's house for lunch. We had grilled food and got a family Easter basket from them! Landon got stacking rings, I got the same Karen Kingsbury book that Matt gave me (they were mad at each other for that haha) and Matt got a movie. It was fun seeing them! Then we came home and changed and fed and were back on the road again. We drove to Phx and only had to stop once! I pumped in the car and Matt fed and burped him and we were off! We made it in under 2 hours...which I thought was impressive! :) Once we were there we had a wonderful dinner with my family, my grandparents, and our dear friends the Reeds. Landon was so great through all of this! He was content meeting everyone and getting passed around, slept all through church and both car rides, and then had a great night of sleep last nite! It was a great day and I'm so proud of him! You wouldn't know it from the pics...but I'm pretty sure he loved the whole day! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment