Saturday, April 24, 2010

Diapers

SO, I haven't had the chance to write yet about the cloth diapers! We've been doing them for a few weeks now and I am hooked! They are so cute on him and really rather easy. We have a sprayer that attaches to the side of the toilet and works much like a high powered shower head or the sprayer attached to most kitchen sinks. It is a life saver! I love that we can wash everything into the toilet!! I do a load of diapers every day (we only bought 12 b/c we are cheap!) and I do not mind it one bit. I can imagine that if I were working full time or something that this would be MUCH more difficult. But I am not :) and so it works out great. The inserts and the one size fits all are wonderful features of the Bum Genius diapers that we have been using. We only spent $250 to get all 12 diapers, 24 inserts, and the sprayer and tax and shipping and junk. I thought that was pretty impressive. They grow large enough to grow with him up to 35 pounds. I've heard that with a 500$ investment you save 1500 bucks per kid...so I figure I saved 1700ish and that makes me happy! Other than just the ease and convenience that I did not expect, they are also just a superior diaper in my opinion. We haven't had nearly as many leaks and the ones we have had do not compare in intensity to the ones we had in disposables. To prove my point I have provided a photo below. He had a disposable diaper on b/c mom didn't get them cleaned and dryed in time (oops!). He was laying on his mat chillin and suddenly he started screaming and clearly something was wrong! When I picked him up, this is what I found....

Haha.Sometimes I think I'm a little mean b/c things like this picture and a few pictures where he is screaming are so cute/funny to me. But seriously...how gross is this?? His whole belly button was full of poop. It was disgusting! :/

No comments:

Post a Comment