Friday, December 2, 2011

Laney's 1 week old!

I cannot believe it's been a week already! Actually, a week and 2 days!! I feel like we were in the hospital just a few short days ago. I'm already getting sad and sappy at how fast time is going. I remember how fast the first year flew with Landon. It's such a short and precious time and it breaks my heart that it's going by so quickly!!

Laney is a total sweetheart! She coos and squeaks and makes the most precious little girl noises :) She is not much of a crier, but once she's upset she screams! Haha. This is definitely a new and different thing for us after having a boy :)

Her little cord already fell off which means we get to start her in her cute fluffy cloth diapers soon! I cannot wait and I'm sure will drive everyone nuts with all the pictures!

She is a great eater and my supply has been soooo much better this time. She is drowning in milk all the time. Her face is always covered because she chokes and pulls off every time I let down and gets majorly sprayed! I'm sure she will get used to it soon enough ; ) It is such a relief to have plenty of milk this time and know that she is full and happy at the end of each feeding! When we went to the pediatrician at 5 days she had only lost 4 oz! I was so happy and proud! No second weight check for us this time! She's supposed to be birth weight by Wed and I feel very confident that she will be if she isn't already! She seems bigger and is already longer. What a big girl! Also, we are nursing without a shield this time! Thank you Stephanie Purinton for that! We had to see her TWICE to get this latch thing down. But here we are. Doing it. Ad it is sooo much better. Thanks Steph!

She is mostly a good sleeper too (also different than her brother at this age). She's been taking good naps mostly. Some by herself in a Pack N Play or her crib and some on our chests if big brother is asleep :) At night she's been sleeping 3-4 hr stretches and that's been heaven! Before my milk came in it was every hr or every other hr and I was dying! So appreciative of the sleep.

Landon's been doing great with her. He was whiny and clingy and pretty sad at first. But once life normalized and his little life went back to the new normal he adjusted just fine. He says "sister" and "laney" and gives her kisses and thanks Jesus for her every night when we pray. I think he's going to do really great with her :)

As far as I'm concerned, I'm doing amazing. I cannot believe how great I feel! We are at day 9 right now and I've been out several times, I've driven, gone on long walks, took Laney to my women's bible study by myself, and am actually even cleaning again. It is absolutely incredible how much easier this recovery has been! Some of it is being a second time mom and knowing what was coming. That helps! But most of it is the VBAC vs the C-section recovery! Also, I've already lost 21 lbs! I cannot believe how much faster the weight loss is coming for me this time. Thank you Jesus! I'm so ready to be back in normal clothes!!




No comments:

Post a Comment