Monday, August 1, 2011

6 months

First we will start with the fun stuff! We are now about 6 months pregnant! I cannot believe how fast it's going by this time. With Landon I was so impatient and could not wait for it to be over. I hated being pregnant. Funny, this pregnancy has been MUCH more difficult, but I've been enjoying it soooo much more. It's totally just my mindset, but I'm really loving being pregnant this time :) I'm still sick off an on. Lately just once or twice a week. But still not my favorite. haha. I've gained 11 lbs so far. I figured it out and if I can only gain a lb a week (YA RIGHT!) from here on out then I'd gain 25. Don't think that'll happen. But a girl can hope and dream right? haha.
I've been having very vivid dreams of our upcoming birth. They've been so real I can almost feel them. I think it's all the reading and preparation I've been going through to get ready for this VBAC. But I'm loving how much I feel like my head is in the game! I don't remember the last time I wanted something this badly. It's not just the VBAC that I want. It's the entire birth scenario. I feel like I was cheated of this last time. Being induced, getting and epidural, and then ultimately getting a C-section were all things that cheated me of this crazy and beautiful birthing experience. You may be thinking, she is crazy. Birth is NOT beautiful. But I'm a doula! I've been to births and I'm telling you, they are gorgeous. They are euphoric! It is such a beautiful thing to watch as mom and baby fall in love while he's laying on her chest and cooing and feeling so warm and happy again. I want that! I was strapped to a table last time and hardly even saw Landon for the first hour! I want need this VBAC experience. I want to know that I CAN do it (I already know I can, but need to prove it). I want to show others that there IS another way. And it might even be better! I can't wait to do this. I'm really hoping that I'm successful, that I can prevent interventions as much as humanly possible, and that I can do this all naturally! I'm so nervous and excited as we are getting closer and closer to the end of our journey. :)

4 comments:

  1. You look so tiny still, but your boobs look huge and amazing!!! And I am so excited for you and your birth experience this time, I hope you completely enjoy it!!! But, a healthy baby and Mama, that is the biggest priority. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. thanks. They are ENORMOUS! : / Thank you! I hope I do too. I hope it goes super smoothly. Are you going to try naturally this time? Or no mas? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes my plan again is to go all natural this time. Thankfully my doctor this time understands what happened to me last time and will not be stopping my labor if I go early, so I am hoping my body just naturally does everything on its own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh briana, i pray for you often and i SOOO understand what you mean!! i am already dreaming about my next labor! my actual labor was great, all things considered and God protected my labor as much as i've ever heard of for twins in a hospital - but i cannot wait to have a full term baby in my home (more than likely) - and i so very badly want to keep my baby with me. i still cry sometimes remembering how awful it was to have my babies ripped away from me and carted off to a whole different ward... i really need that cuddle time with my next baby. i am praying for you, and really looking forward to hearing about your amazing work and gift and success and God's wonderful strength in you!!! so exciting!!!! ~nikki

    ReplyDelete