So my friend Moriah wrote a blog that inspired me to write this.
This is my biggest mistake as a mommy so far : / I cried for days every time I thought about it and was not even able to tell my husband for 2 days! I was grumpy and mean and emotionally a total wreck until I was able to tell him. Poor guy..he's been through a lot with me. Anyway..this is what happened
Landon was about 6 weeks oldish? My wonderful friend Amanda invited me out to coffee and so we went! I was excited! We finally had this whole breastfeeding thing down enough that I could leave the house! Awesome. Also one of the first times that I was going to drive us alone. Emotions/hormones were still running high...keep this in mind k? So we went for coffee and had a great time. We talked and ate and drank CAFFEINE and had a blast. I pulled Landon out to feed him and them laid him in his carseat for an hour or so, so that he could take a nap. I put a blanket on him since it was cold. An hour or so later he was still sleeping and it was time to go. We said bye to Amanda and Elijah and got in the car. I clicked in his carseat, gave him a kiss, and closed the door. I had no distractions (like talking on the phone) and got in to drive. We got home and he was still asleep. I was feeling ON TOP OF THE WORLD for leaving the house, looking half decent, being somewhat socially active, AND nursing in public with no problems!! But then, it happened. :( I took his carseat out of the base and we came inside. He woke up with that click and started fussing. I sat his carseat on the floor inside and pulled off his blanket to discover that I hadn't clicked him in! He was just lying in his carseat. My mind raced through all of the horrible things that could've happened and I chided myself for being so careless. I was seriously a wreck over this for days. Think if something would have happened?! You know?!
Anyway, I've now forgiven myself and been supremely careful. I normally even check twice just to make sure before we start driving. That was my biggest mommy blunder.
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Sept 14-20)
3 days ago
oh, if only i could say i haven't done that exact same thing...
ReplyDeleteat least once with each of my children.
don't tell CPS.
I have done that 1 too many times! Don't give yourself too hard a time about it! Landon cuter and cuter all the time! I just read your post about Vaccines... You should read this book: "The sanctity of human blood, Vaccines are not immunizations" (I think it's called). That book has source after source of really interesting thoughts. Some really scary. I've done research and prayed about it too, thats why we haven't vaccinated either of our kids. The thing that started it all was that my brother (Josh) almost died as a baby after recieving the pertussis shot. Thats what spawned my research for my little family. I do feel that some may be ok when my kids little bodies are stronger and older, (like when they are 18). I also found that the Hep B shot is given right after birth for a sexually transmitted disease. Umm, that had red flags ALL over it. The book I suggested is an easy read, I had a copy but loaned it out and never got it back! Definitely worth reading though!
ReplyDeleteOk correcting myself, the book is called: "The Sanctity of Human Blood, Vaccination is not immunization"
ReplyDeleteUmmm...once I put Robbie in his carseat and DROVE TO CAMP VERDE on my way to Flagstaff, stopped to go to the bathroom and get coffee at Starbucks, went to get him....and not buckled up. 60ish miles down I17, no seatbelt. You will do much worse! Focus on what you do well, that's what I tell myself.
ReplyDelete