Soooo I've been reading this book called "Becoming a woman of simplicity". It could not be a more perfect book for this stage in life that I'm currently going through. I originally bought this book and started it with my HS girls bible study. I figured it would be perfect with going back to school (and many of them going back to college). Little did I know that it would be perfect for ME! Of course right!?!
So since I've been reading this book I feel like God's been opening my eyes more and more. I've always had problems with "anxiety"...but I feel like God has been showing me (in my case, not in all!)that I struggle with this because I don't allow Him to provide and show me the way AND because I crowd my life with too many things that are not important. I've decided lately to be more intentional about the way I use my time. To try and be effective, quality, and efficient. Therefore, I am revamping pieces of my life slowly but surely. First thing, Facebook. It's a complete waste of time for me to sit there and look through people (who I barely know or speak to) and "snoop" in their lives. I'm not saying everyone does this..I'm just saying that PERSONALLY it's something I do. It's different (I feel) to look at my friend's page and comment on their pics b/c I love them and love to share in their lives. But it also annoys me that people feel entitled to see my life and entitled to be my friend. Why should I be someone's friend when I hardly know them? B/c it's what we do in society?! I'll pass thanks. I'm just kinda over it. BUT I love my blog. I love to write about things that are on my heart or about our sweet little boy and love to hear opinions/advice/encouragement from all my blog friends out there! I also LOVE to read my friend's blogs and learn from/enjoy/think about them. I think I've become a better person and a better mom through different things I've read and learned about on blogs. SO all that to say that I am going to continue blogging and learning and enjoying other's blogs...but there are other areas of my life that I'm feeling convicted to cut down on, and "social networking" is one of them.
Another area is soda. I have a soda problem. If you know me very well or have spent any significant amount of time with me you know this. If it's up to me, I'll drink like 4 sodas or more in a day. Especially if it's Mountain Dew. Do I regularly drink this much? No. Rarely. But before I got pregnant it was constant. So I've gone through periods without it and with very little of it and with drinking non-caffeinated..but it's a problem no matter which way I go. It literally consumes my thoughts sometimes. Where should I go to get some? Do I have cash/change? SERIOUSLY?! I think this is a problem. haha. So...here's my thought, I need to be done. I'm not allowing myself to purchase soda anymore. If it happens to be somewhere and I feel I can handle it, I will probably have some. But no more regular basis and no more of our hard-earned money down the drain to put some gross unknown chemicals into my body! :) So help me and get me to stick to it! Ask me, keep me accountable..k? :) I believe that this is just one more thing to cut out and simplify my life!
Are there things in your life that you could cut out and easily simplify your life? Am I the only one who struggles with these stupid little things and allows them to take over HUGE chunks of my thoughts/ time?
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Sept 14-20)
3 days ago
I hear ya girl! Especially on the whole facebook thing! I just went and cut 75+ people off my friends list because they were just on there to "snoop" none of them did I have conversations with and none of them even know my daughter. I feel much better just simplifying that part of my life.. I wonder what else I can do to help simplify my life.
ReplyDeleteI am totally going to ask you next week how many sodas you have had!! ha ha.
Haha. I totally hope you do! Please please do! It will really help me this week when I'm tempted! :) Good for you!! I just feel so much better already!
ReplyDeleteI gave up soda back in HS and I will still have one every great once in a while, but they make me feel like crap after I drink it now! I totally hear you on the facebook thing, I need to clean up my friends list big time. You have also encouraged me to start keeping up on my blog... :)
ReplyDelete