

Then we spent our first married night at the Kierland villas (gorgeous and highly recommended!), next we stayed at the Biltmore when the passport numbers didn't "match up" and we weren't allowed to leave the country, THEN we finally went to Cabo and had the best honeymoon ever!! See?
For our first anniversary we went back to the Biltmore and had so much fun! We had a fun and careless weekend before my first whole year of teaching started.
For our second anniversary we went somewhere new! We stayed at the Royal Palms in Scottsdale last year. It was gorgeous, luxurious, and a fun place to stay...just the 3 of us. :) We had just found out the week before that we were expecting. So fun. We ate 2 breakfasts in a matter of hours, got massages, and had fun dreaming about our lives and the changes that were to come. (Sadly, no pics :( I was feeling "bloated" and didn't take any! If only I'd known what was to come!!)
This year was kind of a big deal! We decided that we would go stay at a Scottsdale resort (as it is tradition) and that we would go...alone...dun dun dun. :) Landon stayed with my parents who were thrilled to have him and we would spend an entire night by ourselves! We left their house around 7 with much fewer tears than I was expecting (mine, of course Landon was smiling and happy as can be!) and went off to dinner. We had sushi at Stingry (in the Biltmore mall) and walked around. We were going to get frozen yogurt or cheesecake but we were so stuffed we couldn't even talk about it. Haha. So we decided to head to the Montelucia. It was so fun to stay there! I'd been swimming there with the playgroup before, so I knew it would be gorgeous and fun! We checked in and headed to the pool. We had an incredible evening and 10 straight hours of sleep. It was relaxing, fun, and exactly what we needed. I'm SO glad we did it and I didn't let my fear get in the way. We are firm believers in taking that time for ourselves each year and I'm so glad. I always feel so happy, loved, and content when we do! We had a great morning eating and drinking at Dunkin Donuts and then got Landon. He did just fine w/o us (even though he was stuffy all night) and we were all happy to be back together! We headed to Target on our way out of town and picked up some "back to school" clothes and then came home. Such a great weekend! I love my family!
Congratulations Bri and Matt!
ReplyDelete