Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Updates on everyone

It's been over 7 months! Where have I been (working, keeping 4 kids alive/entertained, volunteering at their school and at church and applying for foster care I guess. Nothing too big lol) ?! I knew I was behind but I've missed 3 of the kid's birthday blogs. YIKES. So I'm going to just consolidate and update on everyone but Miss Ellie. I'll do her 2 year blog in a few weeks.

Landon -
Growing up: Landon Reed is a huge boy! It's crazy. He's lost 8 teeth now. He's in 7 clothing and size 1 shoes. He's reading well and is a really well-rounded kid. He really enjoys playing outside, sports activities, swimming, riding bikes, playing rough! He's really been loving and excelling at drawing lately and it's been fun to see all of the creations he's been coming up with. He's been playing piano for two years now and really seems to enjoy learning that from his Mimi!

Comes Naturally: Landon is great at all things physical. I really enjoy watching him try new things and figure them out. He's really helpful around the house and with his siblings. He loves to have a to-do list and accomplish. I can tell that he feels good about himself when he can look on his day and see his accomplishments. Landon can also EAT. That kid has the biggest appetite! He loves music too. It seems the older he gets the more apparent that it becomes that he has picked some of that up naturally from someone down the line.

Things that are the same: He's still a little toe-head. Still is strong-willed and determined. He still loves to snuggle and watch movies as a family. He's still the one that's good at remembering and reminding us of things like kids date nights that haven't happened in a while or family game night or what activities we have going on each day of the week. He still loves to be in charge and is very helpful with day to day things.

School: This kid loves school. I think most of it is to achieve something and get some social interaction (this IS the kid that cried over Pre-3s break that he just missed his friends so badly) but I'll take it for as long as I can. He got strep throat this year and the pediatrician told him that he had to stay away for 3 days and he said, "Oh no mom! Ms. Terrey is going to fire me!". I laughed so hard. He takes his "job" very seriously. He will be in 2nd grade in August and I cannot even believe that I have two "grade school" aged kids. How did that happen?!

Delaney-
Growing up: Laneybug has lost 2 teeth already. One right after the next. She's started to sound out words and read a bit! It's been so cool to watch things click with her. Laney's just such a big girl now! She's so mature. She's even been hardly freaking out about her owies lately! That's some major maturity! She's in all 5 clothing but could still wear 4 rather easily She's a skinny minny. She wears size 10 shoes and she LOVES pretty shoes.

Comes Naturally: Delaney is SMART. Everything school comes so easily for her. She's already reading and writing well for an almost kindergartner (in my opinion!) and math seems to just make sense to her. She loves it. She's an artist. Building, creating, drawing, coloring, art projects etc just come so easily for her. It seems to be very much the way that her brain works and how she sees the world. She's a dreamer for sure. She has lots of ideas and lots of feelings. All things princess, girly, and frily seem to be right up her alley too. We got the girls new matching comforters and just fell all over herself about how lovely they were and how much they matched and how great the room looked now. <3 nbsp="" p="">
Things that are the same: She's still THE sweetest. She oozes sweet. She's still a noodle baby. She still hates physical activities or anything extenuating. She still eats like a bird and cares nothing for sweets. She's still introverted but seems to enjoy activities and friends nonetheless.

School: Laney continues to enjoy school. I don't see her loving and craving it the way Landon does, but she's happy to go. She really enjoys learning. I think that's her draw there. She also enjoys the creativity she is afforded at school I think. Like I said, it seems to just come really easily to her. I'm sure she'll do wonderfully in Kinder in August. I might be a different story ;(

Lucas -
Growing up: Lucas is getting so big in some ways and so not in others lol. He's been potty trained for a year now. We took his paci and pull ups a while back and he did great! He still wants to carry his lovey around all day. He's going through a baby talk/whining stage right now. He wants to be like Ellie it seems. He's in 3T clothing mostly but some things are still big on him and wears a size 9 shoe. He's been learning nursery rhymes and things like his ABC's and how to count lately. He's a great talker and has an amazing vocabulary.

Comes Naturally: This kid is so coordinated it's hilarious. I think that sports will come very naturally to him. FUN is his nature. He's so good at seeking it out, at creating it, and at getting others involved in it. He's also SO charming. He knows how to work people but especially females! He has every nursery worker, friend of ours, and family member wrapped around his little fingers! He's so good at making us all laugh and somehow knowing when just the right moment is. He reminds me of his uncle Tah that way.

Things that are the same: Lucas is still emotional, determined, curious, loving, and funny. He continues to keep us on his toes, try things we never thought any kid would (like getting matting spray stuck in his hair for six months, letting Ellie out of our front gate when she could barely walk, unscrewing bleach containers and so much more) and make us all laugh and melt on a regular basis.

School: Lucas will start preschool in August! I cannot believe it! In some way, he seems a lot younger than our other two to start school but the reality is that he'll be the oldest to start preschool out of all of our kiddos so far! Lucas can seriously do anything at all that he puts his mind to. If he wants to excel there, he'll do amazing!  I hope his teachers are prepared to be up on those toes like a ballerina haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment