Friday, September 18, 2015

Ellie is 7 weeks old!

OK, I feel awful!! Sweet Ellie!!!! I wish I could write about you and talk about you and take pictures of you all day long. You are incredibly precious. I'm so sorry I'm slacking on your blogs! Here's a little about you -

New things - You are looking around a lot and focusing more on us. I love that you just stare at me while nursing. You love to lay on your mat and look around now. Your head control has been getting better each and every week.

Health - Ellie is such a healthy little thing!! No sickness yet, no reflux. We do think she has some mild tummy issues. I've tried soy a few times and she's been up a lot at night and had a sad tummy. When I stay off dairy and soy she's literally the perfect baby. She's happy and sleeps wonderfully and is just precious! I cannot believe how blessed we are!!!

Schedule - This is still a work in progress and we stick loosely to this as many days are different
530 - I wake and feed her when I get up for the day, she goes down once she's done
830 - her desired wake time and she nurses
920 -nap
1130 - wake and nurse and play
1230 -nap
2 - I wake and feed her before we pickup Landon
3 - Kinder pickup
315 - I swaddle and nurse her while the big kids have a snack and she goes down about 330
530 - wake and nurse and play
630 - nap
8 - wake and feed, jammies and swaddle and in bed around 830
She's been waking around 3 am for a feed and that's usually it! HOORAY for a good sleeper!!!

So this puts her at 8-9 feeds a day depending on her naps and night.

Growth - around 5/6 weeks Ellie outgrew her newborn diapers and clothes. It was sad putting those in a box and knowing that we won't use them again! :( She's such a long girl. Her 0-3 jammies are already short and tight on her.

Likes - Ellie still likes to curl her legs up, snuggle with her dad and I, nurse, sleep, and have her hands by her face.

Dislikes - She doesn't love getting swaddled, she despises her carseat, she doesn't like having a dirty diaper and doesn't love getting a bath.

Sweet Ellie girl! You are just the perfect last addition to our family. I'm so thankful for you and your laid back personality. I love just taking your everywhere with me because you are so pleasant and fun to have around!!! Thank you for being a good nurser and sleeper. Your momma prayed hard you'd be healthy and you so are! <3 and="" back.="" i="" love="" moon="" nbsp="" p="" the="" to="" you="">







No comments:

Post a Comment