Saturday, May 23, 2015

Delaney is 3.5!

Oh my sweet little girl. You have grown so very much, even just in the past 6 months. You are still my sweet baby in so many ways and I'm sure will always be in ways. I just soak you up sometimes. You are so precious. Your little voice, the way you say things, the way you tell me you love me 100 times a day. You are an absolute joy!

Sleep - Laneybug is still the best sleeper in our house by far! She's still doing 11-12 hour nights and naps some days and others does not. It does not affect her behavior and she does great with rest time so it's a great set-up!

Eating- This continues to be not Laney's favorite thing. Even things she "loves" she will often times not eat much of. It's just not something that motivates her at all. She still will try anything but rarely finishes anything. Other than hot dogs, roasted broccoli and toast I don't know of much that she really enjoys or looks forward to. Food is food to her and she sees it as survival rather than good/bad/favorite etc.

Talking- Laney continues to rarely be quiet. Since she could talk it has seems that she's never stopped. She still is pretty quiet in groups and around other people, but here at home she talks non stop. She is still very open and curious about vocabulary and has picked up on her brother's new favorite game of spelling things and asking us what word it makes. She's doing really well identifying letter names and the space between words and being able to spell things she sees.

Play- Laney still loves dress up, dancing and singing to songs, and anything crafty. She loves to paint, color, use glue and glitter and scissors and all things like that. She really enjoys reading with me still and playing pretend. We hear about her "baby bunnies" multiple times a day!

Learning - Her touch counting has been improving consistently and she does great at rote counting and identifying her numbers. Letter names and sounds are about second nature to her now. She knows all her colors and shapes. Her preschool teacher told me that she is doing amazingly well and tests at a 4-5 yr old skill set. I still have drug my feet in wanting her to not learn things too quickly. She seems to pick things up with such ease. I had to move Landon's reading lessons to a time when she's not up (rest time) because he was bothered by her jumping to answers before or at the same time. I am not ready to teach her to read! Slow down sweet baby girl!

Dislikes- Laney does not really enjoy milk, large crowds, when her brothers are too rough/hyper and kisses from the dogs. She's so low-key that it took us a few minutes to even form that small list!

Likes  - Her lovey, giraffes, princesses, babies, crafts, all things Christmas and frozen, singing and dancing, The shows Doc Mcstuffins, Sofia the First, and Daniel Tiger. One on one time with her mom or dad or yaya or mimi or aunt Linds. She loves hugs from her "people" but not from randoms.

I love you precious bug. You are just the sweetest and cutest little girl on the planet! I'm so happy you are my little girl and I get the privilege of being your momma. I'm so glad you are in our family and will be a big sister again soon! I really look forward to your relationship with Ellie.




No comments:

Post a Comment