Saturday, May 23, 2015

Lucas 16&17 mos

Sorry sweet Lukey! I got behind on your posts and life for a bit. You continue to be so smart and fun and curious. You are loving learning to do new things and say new things. You've been loving to shut the garage door and crawl into the van, pull the string on the fan to turn it on and off, etc.

Health - you are doing great lately! You have had a bit of a cold but are otherwise SO healthy. Your swallowing has been steadily improving the past month or so and you are choking way less. It's been so great to see you grow and improve. No more reflux, swallowing water without aspirating, eating everything but dairy and soy. So so good!

 Schedule - Just the past week I decided to finally push you all the way over into the one-nap schedule. You are doing pretty well! Most days things look like this -
730- Awake and milk
10 - milk and a snack
1130 - lunch
1230ish - nap
3/330ish - awake and milk
730 - bedtime unless his nap was short, then we shoot for 7

Eating - Lucas remains a great eater. He will eat anything I give him but cheese. He LOVES food. He discovered cookies this month and it's a highlight for him I believe :) He really loves roasted veggies and fruit of all kinds. He is not picky a bit! He's slowed down a tad on how much he's been eating and how much milk he's been drinking, but his growth seems great!

Growth - He's definitely continuing to slim out a bit and look more like a toddler by the week. He's in mostly all 18 month clothes. Some 12 mo shorts and dress shirts still fit, but that's about it. He's so long I would not be surprised if he's in 24 mo jammies soon! He moved up to size 6 shoes this month also.

Changes- Lucas has all of his teeth now except his two yr molars and eye teeth. His bottom two eye-teeth are getting close to breaking through soon. His swallowing has greatly improved and he's still working on using silverware with meals. Just this week I began giving him his A&A swaddle blankie to sleep with just like we did with Laney. It's weird to think of how many changes we've made just since one (no more med, sippies instead of bottles, his eating progress, no more formula, etc) but there are still SO many changes to come in the next 6 months or so! He also started "blanket time" this month on our bed while I get ready. He watches the baby genius movie while he does that and its been so helpful!

Word/signs- There's no way I could write them all out! Lucas says a LOT. He's not super articulate yet, but I know what he's saying and it's nice to have some communication! He signs - potty, all done, wash, more, please, and blows kisses. Some favorite and really cute words are cookie, dog, nose, mouth, diaper, sister, bubba, baby, truck, book, and mmmmm.

Likes- Lucas loves lots of things. He loves playing outside, brushing his teeth, his lovey and paci, his siblings, dogs, pretending to be a dog, eating, reading books, electronics that he's not supposed to have.

Dislikes - Buddy, you are just like your momma in that you are bad at being tired or hungry! Sorry to pass that on dude! You still hate diaper changes with a passion (like to the point where I'd LOVE to potty train you just to be all done with the fits!) and being alone/confined.

We love you to PIECES Lucas. I'm so so glad you are apart of our family. It's difficult for me to imagine and accept that in a few months you will no longer be the baby. You bring so much joy and laughter to our home. I love so many things about you. Things like you putting your hands out and demanding "PWAY" when we sit at the table and you panic crying while waiting for me to pour milk into your sippy. You are a funny little man. I just adore you.





No comments:

Post a Comment