Saturday, October 18, 2014

Lucas is 10 months old!

Yes, I skipped a month. It's been a hard one. But baby Lucas is SO big!!!!

Health - We see the aerodigestive people this month. It's a group of docs that do collaborative testing/diagnosis at Phoenix Childrens. We go to them on Monday. They only meet the 3rd&4th Mondays of the month. So it could be a long time before we get in to see them again. Praying for some tests, some answers, etc. He had a sinus infection this month, but nothing bad. He just wasn't thrilled ;) He looks super healthy and perfect!

Schedule -
730 - up and meds
8 - 8 oz bottle
830 - pack N play time (he finally likes it and does well!)
930 - naptime
11 - I wake him
1145 - or so when we get home from preschool pickup - 6 oz bottle
1230 - trying solids here while he's doing well
1 - Sibling play time (this is his most favorite activity of the whole day probably)
130 - We all read books and if he's not eating solids we do a small bottle here (2-4 oz)
2 - Naps
430 - up and 6 oz bottle
530 - trying solids here. If not, snack bottle 2-4 oz and feeding therapy stuff
7 - jammies and a 6 oz bottle
730 - bedtime

Eating- He has failed a laundry list of solid foods and medications. But he ate butternut squash just baked and cut in tiny pieces today really well. I'm hopeful he may just love and tolerate it! He loves his bottles. He has weird feed weeks, but nothing really like Laney. He eats quite a bit of formula, but nothing like I'd expect for a pretty big 10 month old that can't eat solids!

Growth - He still has six teeth, and is in size four diapers. No overnight diapers anymore. He's in 9-12 mos clothes, 6-12 month pants, and all 12 month sleepers. He's our biggest! First to hit 20 lbs this early! :) He's a big boy compared to our other kids.

Changes- He says "all done"!!! We are trying to teach him to sign like we did with our big kids and he just decided to say it. It's adorable. He's still in to EVERYTHING and becoming more mobile all the time. I'm assuming walking is coming these next few months like it did with Laney and Landon? He has a teeny bit of hair you can see in just the right lighting :) He "talks" and screams all day long. He really likes to hear his voice and is incredibly interactive.

Likes- He loves to "dance" or when we make him dance, music, bottles, putting everything in his mouth, getting into everything he's not allowed to (bathrooms, dog dishes, artificial tree, cupboards, baskets), computers, phones, his lovey and paci, dogs, bathtime and splashing.

Dislikes - Being hungry, when I take too long to make him a bottle, when I don't allow him to do naughty things ;) loud/sudden noises (beginning of worship or loud clapping), sleeping in, taking his medicine.

My sweet turkey man. I love you to pieces. I'm so wildly thankful for you. Your name means "bearer of light". Did you know that? You've brought us smiles, and laughs and SO MUCH light these past few weeks. They've been hard and you've helped so much. You started snuggling a teeny bit this month. And letting me hold and kiss you a lot more. It's like you know. I'm sad for the loss of your baby brother. I think you guys would've been so close and twin-like. You are my favorite third born. I'm so thankful for you. You are in to so much trouble and think everything is hilarious. You are a giant flirt and even more social than the rest of our family. You are adorable and perfect in every way. I adore you. Thanks for living up to your name sweet little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment