Saturday, March 8, 2014

Landon is FOUR

I feel like four is SO big! Four means VBS this year and Children's Church instead of nursery next week at church. Four is a year away from old enough for kindergarten. It's just insane to me that he is this big! And yet, at the same time, he seems so mature and independent and helpful compared to our other two that it's crazy he's still three. :) Landon is hilarious. He has a giant vocabulary. He loves words and information and knowing about anything and everything. He's curious and so stinking smart! He will do just about anything for a laugh or a hug. Or a wink ; ) He is so sweet and cuddly also and loves to snuggle on the couch each day before naps which I love!

Siblings. Landon LOVES being a big brother. He loves helping. He loves bossing everyone around ;) He is adorably sweet with Lucas. He is so good about giving him a paci if I'm busy or talking to him and keeping him smiling in the car. Lucas really enjoys Landon...even when he's WAY up in his space! And Landon and Laney are just easy best friends. They love to play and fight and do it all well!

Sleep. This is the year I'm expecting the most changes!! He still naps 45-90 mins almost every single day and sleeps 11 hour nights. If he doesn't nap he will sleep a 12 hr night easily. His brother is moving into his room this month and he's beginning to show signs of outgrowing his nap so it'll be interesting how this changes. But he's still quite a good sleeper!

Eating. Landon loves food! Especially anything that contains sugar. Carbs of any kind and fruit. He's a great eater and will try anything and eats very healthy. But if we weren't very conscious of sugar consumption at our house I could see him becoming very picky and finicky and sweets obsessed! He eats three good meals a day and occasionally a morning snack too. Some favorites are berries of any kind, and anything he can dip in ketchup or ranch and milk.

Academics. Landon loves preschool. He adores his teacher and his friends and all the fun things they do each day. He's learned so many bible verses, stories, and songs this year! He is doing so great learning letters and their corresponding sounds. He's working on tracing letters right now and just randomly started writing his name this month! He really enjoys numbers and words. I foresee him enjoying school for sure.

Play. Landon loves dress up with his sister. They are often firefighter/policemen and construction guys. It's super fun to watch them play together. He loves to pretend play on his bike or with the kitchen. He has quite the imagination! He really loves riding his bike and gets to ride each day while we walk. He does a really good job most times!! We look forward to taking his training wheels off soon. He is SO cautious and hasn't been thrilled about the idea thus far!

For fun. Our sweet bubs. You just love to sing and dance and perform. I look forward to seeing who you become one day. What your dreams and goals will be. What your hobbies and passions will be. You have such a heart for justice and love to be in charge. I cannot wait to watch the Lord captivate your heart more and more and see the person you become through His love and work in your life. I love you to the moon and back! Ugga mugga.











2 comments:

  1. Sweet boy! Where in the world did the past four years go??? I can't believe our firsts are so BIG.

    ReplyDelete