Health - Lucas was finally healthy most of this month! He got a tiny touch of the nasty cold we all had. But it was nothing like us. So I think he did well this month! His reflux seemed very controlled all but the 5 days after his shots. So I'm calling that success too. Now if we could get the blood cleared from his diapers I feel like we'd be doing well. We haven't seen any in what feels like forever. But it tests positive every stinking time. Hoping that will end soon here!
Growth - He seems SO much bigger. He's kept up his pace of steadily gaining an oz a day since my milk came in. His pediatrician called his gain "dreamy" especially for a reflux baby. So I think he's doing great! At 2 mos he was 25% for head and weight and 3rd% for length. He was 21.5 in and 10.5. Some babies are born that big. :)
Getting bigger - He's doing great with rolling and tummy time and holding his head up. He loves to roll belly to back except when we put him down to sleep. He seems content to stay on his belly then. I know I know. Putting babies on their bellies to sleep is evil. But it helps reflux babies SO much and this mama needs sleep! He's in all 0-3 clothes now. Some are too long, but newborn stuff does not fit anymore. He's been in size 1 diapers for a couple weeks now too. He smiles a ton now and it's super fun! He's starting to coo a tiny bit too and Landon LOVES that he "talks" to him :)
Feeding - His comfort feeding has calmed. This is the same time Laney's did too. So he eats every 2-3 hrs in the day and every 3-6 at night. Sometimes his stretches are long and other times not. He goes through wicked growth spurts! He will eat every 1.5 hrs for 24-36 hrs every time!!! My other two did not do that! I'm still off the top 8 allergens but was able to add back in rice and GF oats and corn and that feels HUGE! So I'm a happy camper. I won't add anything back in until the blood tests start coming back negative. So this diet and I are stuck with each other for a while! But Laney was 6 months when I was able to add back in some things and she did great. 6 months doesn't seem that far away with how quickly life moves these days!!!
Things he likes - Lucas loves walks! Whether he's being worn in the Ergo or just in his carseat in the stroller, he loves them. He loves being worn anywhere for any amount of time. He loves being held. He adores his siblings. He and Landon seem to have a really special relationship already! So fun to watch them. He really likes to have tummy time in the middle of the chaos in the living room while i make dinner and the big kids play. He loves bath time now! It's a sure way to calm him down. He loves his paci and loves to nurse.
Things he dislikes - He doesn't like the sun still! He gets the grumpiest face and/or cries if it gets in his face or eyes. He doesn't like being alone. Good thing. Lol. He won't get much alone time ever I'd guess! He doesn't like getting dressed or undressed, but doesn't seem to mind diaper changes. He doesn't enjoy being weighed/measured at the doctor.
Sleep - He's turned into a pretty good sleeper this past week! He's doing about an hour of wake time ideally and then will take 1.5-2 hour naps. Until this week Matt or I were on the couch with him on our chests non stop most of the night. Now he's sleeping great in between feeds! It was taking hours some times to get him back down. It was exhausting! But we seem to be getting into a rhythm. I don't even care how much he's up to eat at night as long as I can get him to go back to sleep! But just like all reflux babies, the less he eats at night the better he feels. So I hope he figures that out soon ;)
We are so in love with Lucas. All of us just coo and fuss over him. It's funny. Having three, three and under is chaos. It's a happy circus around here. Especially if I'm trying to get anything done and if the dogs are in too. But everyone just naturally breaks to coo at Lucas or put his paci back in or lay on the floor with him for a bit. He totally just draws us in and helps us slow down. He hasn't been an easy baby and the health stuff is so hard for me especially it seems. But the transition of him into our family has been really easy! The kids just love him so much and that's been super fun to watch and experience. I'm so thankful God knew better than we did and blessed us with our little surprise!! We love you our sweet and serious little man!
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Sept 14-20)
3 days ago





No comments:
Post a Comment