Man, I think time goes more quickly each child we add to the clan! I've heard that saying that with children the days are long but the years go by fast. I think the days are long but even just the weeks go by quickly! It's nuts that he is 5 weeks old now!!
Health - Lucas was so sick this month! He had the flu and a double ear infection. I felt awful for him and was scared his fever was so high. The ER docs were great with us though and helped me feel a lot better. I'm so thankful for an awesome pediatrician too. She's so bent over backwards to help us and keep our kids healthy!! He certainly has reflux and multiple food intolerances. It'll likely be months before we find out what all is a problem for sure. But for now I'm off Dairy, soy, eggs, gluten, corn, shellfish, peanuts and treenuts and caffeine. It's awesome ;) But totally worth it to nurse our sweet little! Please pray for us if you think of it! We have another week and a half and then all the blood should be out of his diapers. If it's not, I will need to eliminate more foods or we will talk about super expensive hypo formula. Neither are ideal! So we are praying for healing and for the test to come back negative.
Growth - Lucas has been gaining so well! He's a shorty at just over 20 inches! But has been averaging 7oz gains a week. So much quicker than our others!
Getting bigger - He is already in some 0-3 clothes which is so weird to us! I know most my friends hardly use their nb clothes but ours are well-loved around here! It's sad putting away his newborn stuff and knowing it's possibly the last time we will use it :(
Feeding - This kid loves to eat! He is the definition of a comfort eater. So when he's in pain he's semi-permanently latched ;) During the day 2.5 hrs is his max between feedings, in the evening he eats every two until he settles for bed but at night he gives us four and five hour stretches if he's feeling well. So zero complaints here! I've joked since I was pregnant with him that he is kinda lazy. My favorite demonstration of this lately has been that when I let down he will unlatch sometimes because it's crazy forceful. He will close his eyes and just happily lick the milk that happens to come his way!!! lol.
Things he likes - Just like our other two he began rolling tummy to back around week four. He's so fast! I have yet to catch much of anything he does on camera. Poor third child! Our house is slightly chaotic :) He hates the swing and the carseat suddenly and doesn't like to sleep anywhere but on our chests. Which is sweet and I love snuggling him! But my poor big kids. We've gotta get him sleeping elsewhere soon. But hopefully during their naps he and I can still snuggle even once he's feeling better and able to sleep other places. Oh and he LOVES to be worn in the Moby or Ergo. I think that may be one of his favorite things!
Things he dislikes - Lucas is not crazy about anything cold or bright. He doesn't like being unswaddled or put down anywhere for any amount of time. He is also not loving diaper changes, but just like his sister, weight checks are the END of the world!
We are so thankful for Lucas! Love having him in our family. Adjusting to 3 kids has been a lot easier than adjusting to 2 was for us. I'm very thankful for that! Knowing this may be our last baby I've been trying to soak up every moment and enjoy it through bleary eyes and exhaustion. :) Reflux makes this hard because they kinda seem like they do not like you when they are mad all the time from being in pain! But we got him on meds and I got on this diet so much sooner than with Laney it's been a very different experience all around!
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Sept 14-20)
3 days ago




No comments:
Post a Comment