How is my sweet tiniest baby 3 months old now??? And why is he getting so big?! He's almost 12 lbs and already in 3-6 clothing for the most part. He's much more chunky than our other two even thought about being! The boy loves to eat ;)
Health - honestly, this was a hard month on me. We saw visible blood again around the 3 month mark and decided after many nights of screaming and still no sleeping that it would be best to trial elemental (prescription) formula. We'd been praying since before he was born that he would be healthy, that God would give us wisdom, that we would somehow know what's best for him. We've been floundering this whole time....until we tried the formula. We now have a different child. It's insane. It's not perfect and of course won't be until his insides are healed and his reflux is eradicated. But he's SO much better. The answer was so clear and unmistakeable. Yet still so hard on his mama. I've given up so much, I've been so willing. But after being off the top 8 and corn,rice and oats for 10-12 weeks (depending on which allergen we are talking about) and nothing clearing up I was just at a loss. I've shed lots of tears. I believe breastfeeding is very good. Very important. Very healthy. But so is our sanity. And I cannot put an amount or a price or worth on the health and happiness of our little man! He's doing so incredibly well! We will see a ped GI this month (the 26th) and see what he has to say. I intend to pump until then so we can decide together and have options.
Growth - Lucas doesn't have a well-check this month. So I'm not super sure on growth other than weight because we own an infant scale. But he seems a lot bigger!! His head is big it seems and he has some cute little chunk!
Getting bigger - He isn't rolling as much lately. But still will if I dare put him in tummy time. But he sleeps on his tummy now and seems quite content there unless it's in the middle of all the chaos that is our house. Then he wants to be able to see! :)He's still in size 1 diapers. Some 0-3 clothes, but mostly 3-6 now. He had another growth spurt this week and seemed to gain some length for sure. Lucas is THE smiliest and cooingest baby I've ever seen. I've never been around a kid that's this happy this often. He's super laid back and for sure a little angel baby!
Sleep - We are still working on this. The less pain he has, the better this is going for sure! He's only up once or twice a night which is good! But some times it'll take hours for us to get him back to sleep and that's so difficult in the middle of the night when we are exhausted. He's taking two really good naps a day and one kinda good one and a catnap. That's improved SO much.
Feeding - He is doing SO much better. His weight was at a hault for a week or so while we battled horrible nursing feeding aversions. Now that he's bottle-fed we've had no fighting. Very little uncomfortable dances even while eating! He's eating every 3 hrs during the day. Then doing a dream feed before we go to bed and one middle of the night feed too. Sometimes 2 of them but it's more and more rare. He will not eat a bigger bottle than 4 oz most of the time. I'm assuming that's a reflux deal? Who knows. But I'm just so thrilled at how well he's eating! Feeding aversions are a nightmare.
Things he likes - Lucas still really enjoys going on walks and anything to do with his brother. Bath time is one of his favorite things in life right now! He LOVES attention and people and when we talk to him. He still likes his paci. But is not nearly as addicted as his siblings were by now. Maybe he will just give it up? ;) He really seems to enjoy eating now. He loves to go places. He's a super social kid already.
Things he dislikes - The wind! He acts like it's attacking his face?? He still dislikes the sun. He has recently started bawling hysterically when anyone scares him. It's usually from a loud noise or us startling him. Poor buddy. He's the third....so that's rough. : / He still doesn't really enjoy getting dressed/undressed and hates when I have cold hands and touch him.
Oh my sweet littlest little. I've SO enjoyed you this month! Your little smile melts me to my core! I cannot imagine our lives without you. How boring it all would be ;) I'm so thankful for your sweet little heart and happy spirit. I'm excited to watch you grow some more this month. Love you little man.
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Sept 14-20)
3 days ago






No comments:
Post a Comment