Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Laney is 20 months!

Ok, I know it's August and I'm totally late. But yay Laney! You are getting so big! You are such a sweet girl and are getting bigger by the day. I really felt like we worked with Landon and coaxed him into doing big boy things and getting more independent. Laney just follows big brothers lead. She wants to do everything he does and loves to be a big helper. I think she's going to rock this big sister thing ;)

New things - It's been a while! She has been sleeping in her big girl bed for a month or two now and totally rocking it. She had two days where she was testing us and then she was over it. She is not what we'd call "strong willed" ! She is climbing into her carseat and her highchair by herself. She just started doing it one day. She's quick too! Today Landon was being a slow eater (like always) and decided he needed to go potty. He specifically asked us to watch his peaches so Laney wouldn't eat them. I told him there was no way and go! Don't worry about it. Well, I went to the restroom to assist him and Matt wasn't watching her for like 2 seconds and she climbed up in his seat and ate the rest of his breakfast, climbed down and started playing. We had no idea until Landon asked where his food went. Ha! Sorry Bubs! :) She also is LOVING the potty! She regularly sits on it and pees for an M&M and has pooped once. She's crazy! Every time Landon goes she wants to too! This mom is NOT ready for more potty training lol.

Words - Oh Laney. I think you enjoy making your Mama worry! She has been slowly but steadily making improvement but is definitely still behind. She will say a lot of things clearly a few times, but never when asked to. It's all on her time and if she wants to or not! Some new words lately have been - Elmo, No no (thankfully only to the dogs thus far!), uh uh, yay!, and all gone.

Eating- Laney loves to eat. She claps her hands and jumps in her seat when it's time to eat! :) She's been doing awesome with all dairy lately except milk. She loves yogurt now! I think she must be starting to gain a bit more steadily now but she's still a peanut. All her 12 month shorts are finally beginning to fit!

Schedule - Laney's schedule has been pretty similar still. New things are that she's doing room time now instead of pack n play time and has been loving table time (creative time with paint or crayons/stickers, puzzles, figurines, etc). She also has started having "sibling time" with her brother and they are fighting less! WOOT! :)
8 - Wake and eat and get ready
9 - Room time
10 - Snack
11- Mom play time
12- Lunch
1- Nap
4 - Wake and cuddles with Mom and Bubba and watch a show
5 - Sibling play
530 - Dad's home!
6- dinner
7- baths
8 - Bedtime

Growth - Congrats Laney! You are finally almost in your size range for your age! :) She's wearing size 5 shoes, 18 months pjs and dresses and shirts. Her butt/hips/waist are still teeny and 12 months fit best most of the time.

My sweet and precious girl! I'm so blessed to have you as my daughter. You just make my days brighter and make me feel sweeter when you're around! I love our special relationship. You so love girl time and being a mamas girl. It's a nice change of pace since your brother always wants dad! I love your goofy faces and whiny pouts. I'll miss this age when you love to snuggle with me in your bed and sing songs and give all the animals in your bed kisses before night time. I love your readiness to pray with us at meals and bedtime and how you try to sing songs with us when we wash hands. You are such a precious gift!! Mom and Dad love you!





1 comment:

  1. Laney steals peaches? Ha!! I love this girl with such a sweet and quiet spirit! She does surprise us all when she does something feisty (like stealing peaches?).

    ReplyDelete