Friday, March 15, 2013

Landon turns 3!

I can't even believe that. How is it possible?! I remember so vividly our time in the hospital with him, early day cuddles, his perfect skin and beautiful eyes. How much he looked like his daddy from the very beginning. It all went so fast. Too fast. I wish I could hold on to every funny phrase, baby word, sweet face, and snuggle. It's just flying by us!

So Landon is so big. I know everyone thinks their kid is brilliant. My family has a constant joke the Landon is gifted any time my mom talks about how smart he is. I feel weird bragging about him to anyone but the Grandmas....but here are some things he's doing and what life at 3 looks like!

Landon still sleeps 11.5 hour nights and takes a nap most days for 2 hours. If he doesn't sleep he is learning to do quiet rest-time during this period.

He doesn't like to eat nearly as much as before! But he loves all the things Mom and Dad rarely feed him. Things like: McDonalds, ice cream, pizza, cookies, pizaookie, juice, fruit snacks and cheez-its. He'll eat those things any time! But we don't keep any of it around the house, so it's a treat! ; )

Landon is awesome! He is fun, curious, creative, imaginative, rough and tumble boy and also sweet and snuggly toddler. He tells us daily we are his best friends, kisses our owies, holds our hands, and snuggles with me for some one-on-one time each day before his nap. It's one of my favorite parts of the whole day! He goes to preschool a couple hours a few times a week and LOVES it. His brain is just exploding. I think especially as a former teacher, it's just incredible to watch him soak up everything around him!

This year he's learned so many things. Things like - ABCs, all standard colors and shapes, many Bible verses, beginning sounds, sight-recognition of about 80% of the alphabet, a hundred and two songs :) , how to be a good friend and big brother, how to count to 27 (don't know why not to 30? haha), how to count to 10 in Spanish and a trillion other things. The kids vocab is outta this world! I think he's into words and speech like his mama. And possibly like his Grammy. And maybe a bit OCD like his Dada :)

Landon's sleeping in a big boy twin bed and has been for so long now it's crazy to think about. Laney will be moved much later :) He's fully day potty trained and nap but we are still working on nights. He can undress himself except his shirt and can do unders and pants on by himself. Seriously, how is he so big?!

He does a few chores now too! Feeding the dogs, putting hampers back in their rooms, putting clothes in the dryer, sorting the non-sharp silverware, and clearing his place. Normally only one or two in a day. But he's such a happy helper!

Landon loves to play cars and drive them on his track mat. He makes us lots of food in his kitchen, drives his dump truck and gets it stuck in the "mud", plays games on his "ipad" and mine! He still loves music, I think it's in his blood :) I can't wait till he's old enough for lessons! He still does blanket and room time. At least one of them most days of the week. He still does a great job and enjoys them!


Oh my sweet Bubs. You are our first-born. Our son. One day I fully believe you will be bold and courageous for Jesus. You will change the world and show people Christ's love. You are so loving and yet such a black and white little fellow! You love to know the how and why of everything and need to be up on everything. I love watching you grow and learn and change. I'm so sad at the loss of my baby at times. But so thankful you like to play "baby Landon" with me and let me soak you up a bit still. We are so blessed to be your parents and so thankful for the time that God has blessed us with you! Happy third birthday goofy bubs!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how fast these three years have gone! Why do our babies have to grow up? :) This is a sweet post. The picture of him and Matt in beards made me smile, and the one of you with both your kiddos is adorable. You look like such a pretty, happy mama!

    ReplyDelete