Sunday, March 24, 2013

How on Earth?! Laney is 16 months!

I seriously feel like I JUST wrote her 15 months post like last week. Ridiculous how fast time goes. Especially the month of March. It's madness for our family! Laney is growing and changing every single day. I feel each week like my baby slips more and more into a toddler. I cannot even believe what a sweet easy "pretoddler" she still is. Thank you JESUS!

New things - Laney had a tough month. Bronchitis, double ear infection, Urgent Care visit for Roseola (we couldn't tell if it was Scarlet Fever or viral or hives, but scarlet fever was flying around Landon's preschool so we decided to make certain!), and her last two molars. She is currently working on her last two I teeth and then we should be finished till closer to two! Woo hoo!

Words/signs - I'll admit it. I was getting slightly concerned after last month and no new words. But this month she took off! She still will say nothing when we ask her to. Only in context and when she feels like it! She says - Duck, quack, moo, woof woof, dog, cat, mom, dad, bubba, Gretch (the dog, Gretchen), snorts when she sees a pig, says yeah and no (no is VERY rare! We've heard it once to her brother and she was verrrry upset with him). I feel like she's really taken off these last two weeks! It's so fun for us!

Food/eating- Delaney is finally done with her bottles! YAY! She did awesome. She's still drinking well from sippys each day and loves her water. She would just drink water happily each day if we let her! She's a great eater still. She passed peanut butter this month! It's opened lots of snack options up and added some great fat to her diet. She loves PB sandwiches with honey or jelly, anything with coconut oil, oats, fruit, cucumbers, steamed veggies, cereal, puffs, and vegan cookies.

Sleeping - She's an awesome sleeper. Every time she teethes she gets two teeth at a time and will wake up 2-3 nights in a row. A little tylenol and snuggles fixes it (sometimes mylanta too : /). But any time teeth are not in the picture she is a perfect sleeper! Her schedule looks like this-
8 - wake up
9 - ready and pack n play time
10 - snack
12- lunch
1 - nap
430/5 - I wake her up. Lately I've been trying to let her sleep no later than 430 so we can play a bit before dinner/bath/bed chaos.
8 - bedtime

Growth - still creeping along slowly in the growth department! Laney is barely in 12 month stuff with a big fat cloth diaper even. haha. Still size 3-4 shoes. 12 and 18 month sleepers. I continue to flow back and forth between being concerned and knowing that this is just who my sweet little girl is! She is so lucky and will love her metabolism when she gets older!

Sibling Time - They are loving to play together more and more lately. Landon loves to take Laney's toys and we are really working on this. She is getting better at coming to me and saying "Bubba!" and pointing rather than screaming and crying. And Landon is getting better at taking turns. It'll all work one day right? ;)

Cute story - I took Laney to the church workday while Bubba was having a Yaya day in Phx. I figured we'd get to stay for maybe 30 minutes or so, but it would be fun to go and try to help at least a little. I put her in the Ergo on my back and went to work. She calmly and happily hummed and talked and allowed me to paint and detail a whole boat! In all we were there about 1.5 hours and she let me wear her all but about 20 minutes of that time. I couldn't even believe how sweet and great she was! She's always enjoyed being worn, but I feel like that's nuts for a mobile baby! I loved every moment of it!

Delaney! We love you and your sweet cheeks so much! You are such a beautiful girl. Your face and your heart and your attitude just exude beauty and sweetness. We had you all to ourselves for about 24 hours this weekend and soaked up every second. You are too much fun! Thank you for all the joy and fun and light you bring to our little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment