Laney is 8 months old now. How did that happen!? SO much has changed this month. I mean, she's still the sweetest and cutest little girl around. But she is so busy and doing new things all the time. I just love this age. Especially when we make it through without calling poison control :)
Here are some new things our sweetness is now doing - Waving hello, signing more (just happened today!), pulling up (that happened just as she turned 7 months), cruising slowly on furniture, standing without holding on and bouncing up and down? I don't remember Landon doing that but it is hilarious. She's also laughing all the time now and it is adorable. She says mamamamama and bubububububa all day long. We just got to get that Dada in there :) She also has 4 teeth now. The two middle ones on bottom and the two stop side ones (not her eye teeth). It looks as though her top middles are swollen now. Apparently she's the never ending teether. : / She is not nearly as graceful a teether as her brother was. She has horrible reflux flares and tons of drool and high pitched screaming! Not my fav :)
Feeding - Laney's been rocking the feeding thing lately :) We stopped baby food and started baby led weaning. It's what I had wanted to do in the first place but all her feeding aversion issues didn't allow for it. This month she decided she was over baby food (not like she ever really liked it anyway!). So she's been eating steamed apples, peas (cooked and frozen), steamed carrots (and sucks on cold raw ones), halved blueberries, cut up bananas, old fashioned oats (if they sit overnight they get super sticky and perfect!), rice, toast (it's the special billion $ loaf kind that I can eat sans dairy), butternut squash (roasted and her absolute favorite). I'm looking at starting chicken (made in the crockpot so it's super soft) and more fruit this month : ) She's been doing 4 bottles a day (unless it's a bad teething day). She does 8oz, 6oz, 6 oz, 8 oz. It works out great b/c it's almost exactly what I pump each day! She hasn't refused bottles in quite some time. It's been pretty great to have her being a good eater!!
Sleep - Oh our sweet little babywise girl :) Lately she's been sleeping 12-13 hr nights and a 2 hr nap in the morning (1.5 if we are at someone elses house or she's in the Ergo) and her afternoon nap has been 2.5-3 hrs lately (2 if we are out). She's an incredible sleeper and I'm so incredibly grateful! She grew out of her 0-9 month sleep sacks this month. I hunted for a new one for like a month. Couldn't find one. Then one night Grammy and Grandpa babysat and put her down w/o it. She slept great!! So we just decided to ditch it :) But not before I got a few last minute sweet pics of her in it :)
Disposition - Still super happy and super sweet. She's the most laid-back baby I've ever known. Kids (ok mostly her brother :) ) will take her toys or knock her down or block her way and she just never gets upset. She changes her plans and goes with the flow. She also has a feisty side that comes out a little more each month. It takes a lot to make her mad, but once she gets there she is FIERCE! It's normally her brother that pushes her over the edge haha.
Growth - Still a peanut! Shocker :) She is long and lean. A few weeks ago we went to the doctor and she was 25th% for weight and 75th% for height. So she is only in 6-12 or 9-12 sleepers and almost in 9-12 onesies (some 6-9 still fit but are difficult to button). She has a teeny waist and legs and can still wear 3-6 month bottoms and 0-3 months shoes! What a sweet and tiny little she is.
We love our little Laney so very much. She cracks us up with her adorable smiles and giggles. We love watching her curiosity come out and her little personality emerge more and more. She is just the sweetest lovebug ever. She is cuddly and I know I say it like 10,000 times but she is the SWEETEST. We are so incredibly blessed to have her. I was thinking the other day. Poor baby. She totally has that sweet and laid back middle child personality. haha. And that she will be :)
( NO! I'm not pregnant :) ) I just know that I want more babies one day and that she will handle it very well because of who she is : ) We love you Laneybug!
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Sept 14-20)
3 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment