Where is my pause button?! I'm so ready to pause life right now. Laney is just so fun and sweet and happy and I just want her to stay this age/stage for just a little bit longer. I know it'll be over in a blink!
Miss Delaney is getting so big and doing new things all the time. Here are some of the things she's doing right now.
Feeding - her feeding aversions seem to have dissipated a bit. Thank you Jesus! She cries when I try to nurse. So I'm just pumping. She's eating about 24-26 oz a day and most days it's not a fight anymore to get her to eat that. She still HATES food. She'll eat 4-5 bites of sweet peas or some pears. But that's it. She doesn't like anything else and it would take her 3-4 days to finish a jar of baby food most days. She is just not liking it. We've been trying new foods every week, but she is just uninterested. Maybe this month that will change a bit? Not sure! She's still eating every 4 hours during the day for her bottle and we offer her solids at each mealtime. She normally will eat a few bites for breakfast and a few for dinner. Lunch is rarely a success :)
Sleeping - we are down to two naps most days now! I love it. That catnap was always hit or miss and I'm not sad to see it go! She's also super consistently sleeping 12-13 hour nights. She normally goes down about 730 and we wake her at 8. I'm so thankful for nighttime sleep! She's even teething right now (they are almost through finally!) and she's still been a great sleeper!! We finally dropped the dreamfeed this month. She just simply wouldn't take that bottle anymore 3 nights in a row and still slept through, so we just stopped trying and went ahead and gave her the extra oz in her other bottles each day. What a big girl! Also, how is she so easy??
Disposition - Laney is still just the sweetest. She is cuddly and happy, tough and gutsy. She is fearless just like her brother and never worries about falling over/being hit/having toys taken away from her. She is just super laid-back. She has times where she is fussy of course (especially when teeth or food is involved) but she cries SO much less than normal babies. She is just so so precious.
Growth - she is still a peanut! But she is growing. I bet she's finally doubled her birth weight now! haha. We haven't been to the doctor in a MONTH! This is the longest we've gone since she's been born. It feels so nice to not have weight and poop checks scheduled every week or so. She is SO long. She's outgrown most of her 6-9 month jammies now. So she's in 9-12 month PJs! But 3-6 skirts and shorts still fit. She's in such a weird variety of sizes! And still none of her shoes fit except the new gladiator sandals that Nana just bought :)
Changes/milestones - Laney started crawling less than a week after she turned 6 months! Like she wasn't crawling one day and then she was full-on crawling! She's crazy. She's such a different crawler than Landon was though. She will crawl and find a toy. Play for a few minutes. Then crawl to the next toy. Yes, she does try to play with mom's pump or get into the bathroom and stuff like that. But Landon was a tornado. Into anything and everything and I couldn't take my eyes off of him for a second. She's much less interested in moving than that. She just moves when she needs or wants to :) She is going from crawling to sitting and sitting to crawling. That all happened the day after she started crawling. She has 2 bottom teeth all the way through and is getting two on top. It looks like her eye teeth?! I'm really confused by that. Not sure if it's just those outside ones next to the middle or actually her eye teeth. But we can feel that they are just about popped through the gums. Poor baby! Landon got those after a year and they seemed to really bug him! Laney started pulling up last week. Oh my! She is loving this new found freedom and especially loves crawling all over her dad :) I also believe that her intolerances and reflux are really healing up. I've been able to add back in soy without issue. I think I'll try nuts next in another month or so. Then we'll move to dairy around 9 months or so. This will just be me adding back in dairy. She still may not be able to consume it herself for several months or even a few years. But the first step is her tolerating it through breast milk. We also will look at weaning her off of the Prevacid soon hopefully! She'll likely continue Zantac until the reflux seems to heal up more. It is clear that she still has it, but it just is so much more controlled now.
My little Laneybug. You are such a joy to have around. An absolute ray of sunshine! No matter what is going on your dad and I just can't do anything but smile whenever we see you. You just radiate contentment and happiness. We are so incredibly thankful for you. How did we get so lucky that Jesus chose us to be your parents??I'm so proud of you and all your new accomplishments this past month. If you would like to slow down and be a baby for a bit longer though I would love that!! Thanks for being our sweet little princess.
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Sept 14-20)
3 days ago
Luv her! She likes to swim in the pool too like a
ReplyDeleteLittle fish!!