Laney is 6 months old. 6 months! That's so big! I cannot believe that she's half a year old. I cuddled her this morning and maybe teared up a little. She's so much my sweet little baby. I don't want her to get big yet. I'm not quite ready :) But ready or not, the growing up thing is happening right before our eyes.
Eating - We are still dealing with feeding aversions. :( I'm mostly pumping and nursing her once or twice a day. Mostly when her brother is sleeping and she is sleepy herself. We found out yesterday she's possibly allergic to sweet potatoes. So that's out. She's refused to eat avocados, bananas, honeydew (in the mesh feeder) and now cannot have sweet potatoes. So in another week or two we will try some pears. But she hates solid food! Cereal mixed with my milk is the only thing she likes and will eat. I'm fine with that because that means she's getting extra calories beyond the milk she's drinking. I'm aiming for her to eat between 24 and 28 oz a day (those numbers came from the GI) and it is a BATTLE to get her to eat that much. It's incredible to me how different reflux/intolerances can make a baby and their eating habits. She's eating milk about every 4 hrs. If we try to feed sooner she seriously gets angry. It's incredible to me that it could make her mad, but it does! haha.
Sleeping - She's still taking 3 naps each day. The first two are two hour naps and the last one is about an hour. She hasn't slept through the night this entire month until last night. It was great. Hoping month 6 brings lots and lots of 12 hour nights again! We are still doing a dream feed around 11 to get those few extra oz in her. Not sure we will be dropping that anytime soon. She still loves for me to sing to her before she sleeps. She snuggles up like she's nursing or while she's nursing or on my shoulder and listens intently. I love that time with her. Especially since we get to do it four times a day :)
Disposition - Laney got a little bit more firey this month! She is still very laid-back and easy, but has decided a few things are just not OK with her. These things include (but are not limited to): mom leaving the room, being anywhere by herself (other than when sleeping, but sometimes even then!), trying to be talked into eating (milk or solids), and being weighed at the doctor's office. She is funny in that when she tips over (like after sitting for a while) or her brother accidentally clocks her in the leg with a book or whatever it never seems to bother her. I think she must be super tough just like her brother.
Growth - this has probably been the month that we've seen the least amount of growth. I'm not sure if it's just the time in her life or if it's her tummy issues. But she's probably gained maybe an inch or so and about a lb?? We will find out next week :) She's in almost all 6-9 month clothing now and still cannot wear shoes. Her feet are seriously SO ridiculously tiny.
Changes/milestones - Laney's doing great with sitting. She can sit for a few minutes by herself as long as she isn't super distracted ;) She is incredibly close to crawling. She is up on hands and knees and doing the little push-ups on her toes and hands and moves and flops forward on her little belly. Then usually spits up a little and then does it all over again. Landon wasn't this close at 6 months. I was so unprepared for this! She's loving toys and holding/playing with anything different and new. I am such a sucker for babies 4-12 months. I don't know what it is. Everything is just so fun and new and exciting. I've been telling Matt the last few months I've just wanted to push pause (most days, some I'm fine with not pausing! haha). I just am loving all the memories and fun and giggles. I'm savoring every moment that I remember too and even tearing up now and then. These aren't our last babies, but they are likely going to be the only ones for a while and I just don't want to miss anything!
My sweet Laney. I adore you. Like a ridiculous amount. You bring our whole family so much joy. I love to see you with our sisters and our parents and your uncle. To see the love in their eyes and hear the kindness in their voices. Everyone just has such a sweet spot for you. It just can't even be helped! I'm so looking forward to these upcoming months and moments and milestones. Please try not to grow up too fast! Most times when I'm singing for you I pray for you constantly. I pray for your future and for your purity. For your sweet little heart and for your relationships. For your relationship with your dad who cherishes you so and your relationship with me and that we will forever have a special bond. For your relationship with your brother and that you guys will be close. You are so covered in prayers and love. Happy half birthday baby girl!!
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Sept 14-20)
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment