In some ways I just cannot believe that we have a toddler. I so vividly remember my pregnancy with Landon and his birth and every month between then and now. He is becoming such a big boy and growing each and every day in so many different areas of his little life! Here are some things about Landon Reed at 2 years old.
* Sleep - I'm guessing we are going to be sticking pretty consistently here. It's been the same since probably 18 months or so. He sleeps 8 - 745. Sometimes it takes a little longer to fall asleep or he wakes a littler earlier. But not often. Naps he still goes down between 1230 and 1 (depending on how long it took him to eat lunch :) ) and gets up around 345 or 4 each day. I love that he's such a good sleeper. I have no idea what I'd do if I didn't have those 2 hrs when the kids are napping together each day!
* Eating - Landon's still a dairy lover. Cheese, milk, yogurt - he loves it all! We are gradually going to be cutting back on his milk now that he's two. And moving towards not such an excess of dairy each day. He loves fresh fruit and veggies and will eat just about anything we make or eat. Some days he eats a ton and some days it seems like he eats nothing. He still asks for cookies all the time even though he's maybe had 5 in his entire lifetime. Stupid cookie monster :) He still is not real into meat. He'll eat a little of it. I'd say enough for his size and age. But he'd rather eat beans and PB and things of that nature for protein most of the time.
Words - this last month or so the sentence has begun! It's so weird to hear him talking so much. I feel like it happened overnight! I have been concerned about his speech for many months and it's so relieving to hear those constant words out of his mouth. Even if he has to repeat everything 10 hundred times. Is that normal!? It drives me crazy some days! Some favorite sentences of mine that he's said -
"I want blues clues peas" "where dada go?" "I want dat" etc. He's also starting to string descriptive words and objects together and starting to identify shapes and colors.
Play - his attention span seems to have disappeared the last few weeks. I think part of this has been the craziness of 3 family birthdays in March and dad being gone and spring break and whatnot. But I'm sure once things normalize a bit he'll be back to normal. This happened after Christmas too! We are still working on Colors and Shapes and Counting during structured learning times each day. He now knows circle, oval, star, blue, purple, black, yellow. We are still working on the rest :) The dump truck still seems to be his favorite when he's playing alone and he's fallen back in love with reading and books this month it seems. I love when he loves to read. It's one of my favorite things to do with him.
Sibling love - this month has been really fun! Laney is starting to smile and coo at Landon anytime he will pay any attention to her. He's started laying with her during her blanket time for a minute to check it all out and talk to or make faces at her during lunch. He seems to enjoy having her in the bumbo on the table while we eat, but only if she faces him and he can see her :) He still loves her and gives her kisses anytime he's leaving without us even asking. He still gets jealous at times, but mostly it's when people come over to our house. He thinks they only came to play with him and should not be holding his "dister". He still is confused about Annie. He thinks she is a sibling too. She gets kisses before bedtime and he will cry and whine for her when we go places and leave her at home. He does not get that she's a dog and cannot come to church with us!
Other fun things - Landon cracks himself up. He loves to talk about people's cars lately and what color they are. Then he will ask about "dister's" car or Annie's car and laughs hysterically b/c of course they don't have cars. Oh boys! He looooves the pool. Dad and Grammy and Grandpa have taken him in the last month. I think he'd live at the pool if he could. Can't wait till nana and papa's is warm enough so we can swim there too!
Cherry Clafoutis
12 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment