Thanksgiving was so great this year, just like always. We started with dinner at my parents house. It was just them, Matt, Landon and I....well, and the four dogs!! Landon slept through the whole dinner BUT I pureed him some chicken, potatoes, celery, stock, and green beans so he could have his own kinda thanksgiving dinner. He had to have Chicken because this was the first meat ever and he's only been doing it for a few days and we couldn't switch to turkey yet! :) We ate until we felt like bursting and watched lots of football and Landon played with the dogs and I got lots of rest for Black Friday (next post).
On Friday I tried to sleep most of the morning/early afternoon after I got home from shopping. While I was asleep Nana and Papa and Dad were in charge and had lots of fun with Landon. I guess he was tearing paper up and making piles and Dad got some cute pics! Then in the evening Shayla and Micah came and we had dinner round #2. It was just as delicious and we always have so much fun hanging out with them! Afterward Shay and I went shopping (again) at Target and met Mom at Hobby Lobby and completely FINISHED my Christmas shopping. AHHHH. What a fantastic feeling!! Then we headed back up home to Cottonwood.
Saturday we went to Matt's parents house and spent some time with them and with his Aunt Penny and Uncle Charlie. It was really fun to see them and talk about their grandkids :) Then we had Turkey dinner round #3. It was sooo good and lots of fun! We even took a family picture for Christmas cards I think?
Overall it was just a great weekend that was very full of food, fun, family and friends. Couldn't get any better than that right? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment