Friday, December 14, 2012

Landon is hilarious

Landon says THE most awesome stuff all the time. He's hilarious. I tell Matt all the time that I wish I had a camera in my eyes that I could just turn on and off in a blink! We try to catch stuff all the time and just cannot keep up. They've moved on to other things twice before I can even find my phone. Let alone turn on the camera and get them to stand still and show everyone what they are doing. They are over it by then and I'm sad! I feel like I'm not blogging and catching things like I want to! So I thought I'd at least try to write down some of the awesome things I can remember right now....

He's super into telling stories right now. We have this stain on our rug that's a straight little line. He asked Matt about it and he told him he's not sure what happened there. Landon preceded to tell him a long (and to him HILARIOUS) story about this dog that had a butt on it's paw (yes we let him say butt, GASP). He showed Matt how it was rubbing it's butt on the floor and that's where the line came from. We were dying. Where did he come up with that?! No clue...

He moved on from Zebra's to Dinos. The song now goes, Jesus loves me this I know. For the dinos tell me so. It seems completely reasonable to me. Dinos/the Bible. Whatevs. It's all the same right? ; )

The other night its 30 min past bedtime and Matt and I hear a loud noise. So I go in to see what he's doing and to tell him to lie down. Matt had put him in bed that night so I wanted some extra snuggles any way. I go in there and he says, "mom. You fogot my kuck in my room. So Is just gunna pway wif it all night. Know wa I mean?". I was like "ummmm. No. Your truck is going back in it's spot and you need to get in bed and go nigh-night". Surprisingly there was no argument or tantrum. A simple OK mom and some loves and he was out. I felt like he was at least 5.

We were walking through Walmart yesterday and he says, "Mom, I wanna get dad a gift card.". I said, "ok, why do you want to get him one and to where?". He says, "ummmm. I not sure, but dad is awesome. We wuv our dadda. So I gunna get a gift card". I agree buddy. More than you could ever know. Your dad is the best.

He loves to say the pledge of allegiance, count to 20 in english and 10 in Spanish, cannot wash his hands without singing his ABCs all the way through (thanks Miss Missy ; ) ), wants to do EVERYTHING "by myfelf", and constantly makes us laugh. Anytime we are in public, people comment on how sweet he and Laney are and how cute they are and let's be honest, Landon LOVES the attention. He cannot get enough of it. Little ham!

Lately he's been "fixing" a lot of his baby words. It makes me sad! I almost cried the other day when he "fixed" hitball to football. I wanted to cry out NO! It's hitball, always has been. I told Matt it probably wouldn't be good for me to encourage those things though : / Well, I'm not encouraging that he "fixes" any of it either. I love his baby words! He really is into switching to and for. Like "you got that present to me?!" Instead of for me. It's super cute. I know that soon will be gone too. :( I just feel like my brain isn't possibly big enough to shove in all the adorable memories I want to keep of my babies.


Especially today, seeing all those devastated parents that have so quickly and unexpectedly lost their babies.....I'm remembering and loving and documenting so I can reminisce another day. One day when they are big and roll their eyes and mom isn't quite seeming so awesome anymore.

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate to wanting a constant camera capturing all the awesome things happening with my kids! I LOVE the "Jesus loves me this I know, for the dinos tell me so" Landon line. You're right, he is hilarious!! :)

    ReplyDelete