Then we went to Mexico for Thanksgiving and your birthday. We went with BOTH sets of grandparents which was super special. You and Landon were in heaven! Although you pretty much hated the beach. We sang to you and had a special birthday breakfast all together. It was great! You opened some books and I think every single one of us took turns reading them to you.
So now onto you at a year!
New stuff - You still have 8 teeth. Your top gums are swollen but I can't tell if it's eye teeth or molars. You love babies, books, keys, electronics, and giving kisses. You are suddenly in love with the painting on your wall that dad and I did and say goodnight to it before each sleep. You are COMPLETELY off reflux meds! We are just in awe at how well you are doing. You are doing 3 sippies and one bottle a day (your bedtime feeding) as we are just not ready to give up those snuggles quite yet :) Mom is done pumping for you. It was bittersweet as I loved providing best for you and my goal was to breastfeed you past a year. But once you had feeding aversions I knew there was no way. I'm proud we made it to a year!Words/signs - We are working on "please" right now for signing. Once we get that and "thank you" down we will only work on words. You are great at trying and repeating. You have said a lot of different things but only some multiple times. You are saying all the same words as your last post plus dog.
Food/eating- is going so well! As I said above we are off meds, mostly using sippies, done pumping. She's doing awesome with coconut milk. We trialed cows milk and it was a fail. But she's doing so great. She can eat SO much more now. We've ruled out or she's outgrown the green beans and banana intolerance and is able to eat all hidden dairy and even small amounts of cheese. We just have to really watch her dairy intake closely. She's outgrown soy. So that leaves sweet potatoes, tomatoes, tree nuts, and peanuts and milk/large amounts of dairy. That looks like a lot when I type it out, but it's infinitely better than what it has been lately.
Sleep -
8 - Wake for the day
1030 - nap
1130 - Wake
2 - nap
430/5 - wake up
8 - Bed time
Growth - I'm really looking forward to seeing how much she weighs at the doc this week! She feels like she's grown a good bit lately and has been a fantastic eater (out-eating her brother almost every meal). She's in 12 month sleepers that are beginning to get more snug and all 12 month clothes because of length. She finally wears almost a size 4 now which is great since she is seriously running and needs to wear some real shoes!
We have had such a great month with our little Laney. She is sweet and a bit fiesty and cuddly and a total mama's girl. I think her being sick and my crazy diet and everything just really bonded us this last year. She certainly holds a gigantic piece of me heart! We can't wait to watch you grow and mature and just have fun with you this next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment