Monday, September 24, 2012

Landon Reed is 2.5!

I feel like Landon is so big all the sudden! He does chores and helps with his sister and goes to school. He is so independent and such a little man. He totally thinks he should be able/allowed to do anything and everything that Dad does. :) So here's what Landon's doing right now.

Sleep - We've stuck pretty consistently here for quite some time. He still does 8-8. Occasionally he'll wake early or take a while to fall asleep. But not often and he will normally just quietly play with cars on his bed. So it's hard to even know if he is up or not unless we look on the video monitor! He goes down for nap around 130 and sleeps still 4 or 5. Preschool days he's way more sleepy than non-preschool ones.

Eating- Landon eats like everything. He decided one day he actually does love meat and just started eating it! Surprise! He loves dairy, pizza, cookies, fruit, cucumbers, just about anything and everything :) Especially if mom and dad are eating it! He eats 3 meals and a snack every day but he still hates breakfast and rarely eats much of it at all.

Words - I cannot even write anything here. He talks non-stop. Asks questions non-stop (like some days I feel like I might lose it because I'm SO tired of answering questions). He tells us stories and what happens at pre-school and at nursery and at grandparents houses. He is just so funny! He repeats every word that comes from our mouths. When I'm on the phone I can hardly even hear the person I'm talking with because he's repeating every word that I'm saying! Little turkey!

Playtime - He still loves blanket time and does about 30 minutes a day. Doing great with roomtime at about 45 minutes about 3 days a week (not on school days or weekends). His imagination is just soaring. He's pretend driving trains that dad and I HAVE to go in to visit Grammy and Aunt Yinds or to go to the pool with Aunt Wa. He loves playing with his sister, especially in his room. He is loving books and puzzles and music and any time with anyone that he can get one-on-one. He is just SO fun right now! I think his favorite toys are puzzles, his Simon Kuck (Fireman truck), and all his little matchbox cars. Well, and he LOVES time outside.

Learning- I feel like learning just comes easily to him. He's so lucky! I don't think his school experience will be at all like his mamas! Right now he knows most basic shapes (oval, square, circle, heart, star, but we haven't gotten rectangle yet) and knows all normal colors. He can count to 15 and recognizes 0-9 out of order by sight. We are working on letters and saying his ABCs right now. :) Loving teaching him and seeing the lights go on!

Other fun things - Landon's been Day trained since May. He's been doing SO great. We haven't attempted no diapers for naps or nighttime yet. But those will come soon! He's totally put himself on a poop schedule so that he only goes in his diapers for nap and nights. GRRR. Haha. We are not sure how to break that? He pooped in the potty one time and earned his fire truck and hasn't cared since. Hopefully we can get that figured out! I told him no more siblings till I'm not cleaning up his poop! He loves water in any form, tractors/cars/work vehicles, claims to love "hit ball" (football) and will even let dad turn off his show to watch it with him :) He is a boy, through and through.












Landon is just so fun! I saw glimpses of the "terrible twos" from about 20-26 months or so. But ever since then, it's been smooth sailing. I feel like he hasn't thrown a tantrum in months. He has been very sweet and playful and just so entertaining. He's our little ham and entertainer! He just lives to see people smile or laugh at him :)


No comments:

Post a Comment