I got a little busy and forgot to write the 22 months post. But we are just a few days late on the 23 month one :) Next month my big boy is going to be TWO! I cannot believe I have a toddler! I feel like I'm getting old fast and somehow didn't even notice till now. haha. Landon is such a sweet blessing. We just adore him. He is funny and charming and flirtatious. He's silly and opinionated and knows what he wants! He can be shy, or a ham, or just a quiet observer. It's been so fun watching his personality develop more and more these last few months!
*Sleep - Since his sister has been waking up earlier so has he. So he's been doing about 8pm-745 am. He still sleeps wonderfully and I am dreading taking that paci away! :( Yes, he still sleeps with a paci after we weaned from it once about 6 months back. Mother of the year award? Probably. Anywayyy. For naps he's been sleeping about 1230-330 or 4. Some days even past four, but that's not the norm. He normally will play 10-15 minutes in his room before he falls asleep and comes and knocks on his door to let us know that he's all done and is ready to come out :)
*Eating - Landon still loves his milk. He's drinking about 20 oz of whole milk each day. We are slowly switching him over to 2% and will be off the whole by March. This way he and Matt can share milk. Right now since I'm drinking Almond milk and am off all dairy for D, we are buying 3 different kinds of milk each week and a LOT of it! It will be nice to be down to two. He's become a bit pickier these last few months. But he is still really good. For instance, Landon got his first happy meal this month with Nana and Papa. He chose to drink the milk and eat his apples (which he dipped in ranch and ketchup EWWWW) first. Then ate a few fries and a few bites of nuggets and was over it. Every time we give him a meal he will go for the fruit or veggies first and then eat what's left. I LOVE that he does this :)Favs right now are - those dumb fruit pouch thingys, goldfish, cheez-its, green beans, corn, blueberries, andddd the last week (when the girl scout cookies came in) he discovered COOOKIES. He asks for them all the time, but he's only had like 3 ever. I know, I'm mean.
Words - I cannot even keep up with his vocabulary. We sometimes have a hard time understanding what he is saying for the first few times. But we figure it out. He's kinda lazy about his speech just like he always was about his signing. But he says great stuff like - "mama, Na peas" (translation : mama, snack please) and "I go!" or "I stay!" and telling Annie "Ni, go yay dow" (Annie, go lay down). He picks up and repeats some awesome stuff! I just need to stop saying crap so much so he doesn't go teach his sunday school class that word!
Sibling love - he still loves his "dister". He gives her kisses before he goes to sleep for the night or for naps. He asks where she is if she's asleep when he wakes up. He takes his phone over to her and lets her "talk" on it and will "read" to her once in a while. I think he really likes her, but just isn't quite sure what to do with her :) It will be great when she's up and around a bit more and they can interact!
Other things - Landon is obsessed with "Cas" (Cars) and "Melmo" (Elmo). He talks about them and asks for them all the time! He still loves his bible and says the word now when he finds it or is looking for it. He's obsessed with stuffing his pockets with his flashlight, keys, and phones. He is so funny imitating all of us while talking on his phone or when he says " I gotta go" and gets his stuff in his pockets and heads for the doors :) He's been really pushing boundaries and trying to figure out how serious we are about things. It's been challenging, but I love that he's teaching us to be parents! Hopefully good ones at that :) That's a big job for a two year old!
Next post about Landon will be his two year old one! I cannot believe it!
Wow! Landon is an amazing sleeper!! That's so nice that he still sleeps great for you even with Laney.
ReplyDeleteYa. He's crazy! I keep waiting for the ball to drop and it to all end. But so far so good! What a blessing too after a crazy pregnancy and then having such a sick baby for so many weeks! It gave me some time to regain my sanity. haha
ReplyDelete