So I was convinced Laney's ailments were caused by dairy. Everything looked so convincingly that way.
But it's not true! After a day or so all the same symptoms came back and were even worse. All the while I was suffering through this dairy-free diet where I could eat hardly anything and was counting calories to make sure my milk wouldn't suffer from my lack of calorie intake.
Anyway. I was just crying all the time. No sleep for like a week. So much crying and screaming and obvious pain. So so SO many fruitless trips to the pediatrician where they seemed to not be able to help us or have a clue what was ailing our tiny baby.
After several days of this, I just wanted to lie down and die. What on earth was I supposed to do? I couldn't help my sweet girl and no one else could? So I posted on Facebook. Millions of ideas and links were thrown our way from different friends. I was so thankful for them, but the peds had already ruled out several of them. Our friend Nikki sent us a link on oversupply. I read through and just didn't know. Later that evening our friend Moriah sent us some more links on overactive letdown/oversupply. The more we read and researched the more it sounded like Laney! But the CMPI thing sounded just like her too. Sooooo I dunno. Maybe? Maybe not? But it was worth a shot right?! We started trying the suggestion to pump until I let down, and then nurse. So we tried it and guess what?! She slept! No screaming and she was sleeping! HOLY COW. I still wasn't getting my hopes up tho. We continued this for a few days and she continued to improve! So I went to see Stephanie (our fantastic MW and Lactation Consultant) and she told me to pump until I let down and then nurse her and offer the bottle later if she was still hungry and give her 3 drops of olive oil each day. So we've been doing this and have seen nothing but improvement and goodness come from it! !
We are so so excited to hopefully have figured out what is going on and to have a happy/healthy little girl again!
Yay for friends and awesome Lactation Consultants that help fix so many of life's problems! :)
Cherry Clafoutis
12 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment