Saturday, October 31, 2009

Its a......BOY




We went to our ultrasound appt on Thursday after school. Let me tell you, Thursday was THE longest day of my whole life! Hehe. I was so stinking excited to learn about the sweet baby in my tummy and what it was! So we went and the place was packed (so unusual)! So it took even longer than normal to go back but finally they call my name. So we went in and they just started clicking away. Showing us the femur bone and his head and such. I was loving every second of getting to see him...but I really wanted to know if it was a him or a her! We had been looking at names and nursery ideas for months now and had no luck with anything girl so I was secretly hoping it was a boy! Finally, she asked us if we would like to know the sex and we both said YES! She said " Do you see that thing sticking up right there?" we said "yes". "Well, it's a boy!" she said. We both choked up a bit and we smiling from ear to ear. We could seriously not be more excited. It is so wonderful to not call him an it anymore and not only that, but to be able to refer to him by name! Landon Reed Shires. We cannot wait for you to come sweet boy. So anyway the rest of the appointment went great. Weight was great, everything on him was perfect they said, and we were some happy almost parents.

As I had suspected, learning that it is a boy and having a name for him has just made this entire thing more pleasant and fun and real. I'm just thrilled to have him growing inside of me. Waking up to his cute kicks this morning was the best!!!

2 comments: