Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving :)


This year Thanksgiving and Black Friday were just wonderful at the Shires Household. Matt and I invited everyone over to our house this year and I cooked a turkey for the first time! I was a little nervous having everyone here and being in charge of everything...but it was wonderful. It was fun being at our house (Matt and I are huge homebodies) and it was so nice to have everyone together at once. It was loud and funny and filled with delicious food. :) Micah, Shay, and Puffy stayed with us Wednesday night and it was so nice to spend some time with them. Then that evening we went to Phoenix and spent the night with my parents and went shopping at Midnight, then again at 330 AM, and then went back out that afternoon! Whew. Lots of standing and not sleeping for a 6 months pregnant woman! But we finished our Christmas shopping and felt that it was incredibly productive. We got so many great deals! I was very pleased. THEN we got to have dinner with Jess and Wes and celebrate their awesome engagement!! It was such a wonderful weekend and I feel that we just have SO much to be thankful for. Now off to get ready for Christmas! YAY. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Matt hates this picture....but I'm using it as a 24 week (6 MONTHS!) pic so you can all see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment